Windhoek Light has announced its first South African sponsorship in more than five years. The award-winning light beer is now the official beer partner of Stillwater Sports and has signed up to co-sponsor 10 multisport races across South Africa over a year.
The first race of 2015 in the sponsorship series is the Totalsports Xterra at Buffelspoort presented by REHIDRAT® SPORT, an off road triathlon taking place on Saturday, 24 and Sunday, 25 January.
“Windhoek Light is a brand of no compromise and therefore we are very selective about what and who we support. We are very excited about the growth of multisport in South Africa and have been looking for an opportunity to support these athletes. That’s why we’re delighted to partner with Stillwater Sports, a company that has impressed us with their unwavering commitment to the growth of multisport, their professionalism and their values of no compromise which we really resonate with,” says Alan Roberts, Windhoek Beer marketing manager.
Windhoek Beer allows discerning beer lovers to enjoy quality beer brewed in the German Reinheitsgebot tradition, whether it be lager, draught or light beer. It contains only three pure ingredients: malted barley, hops and water.
It is the first beer in South Africa to have received the Heart Foundation stamp of approval. “Windhoek Light is the only light beer in South Africa that is light in both alcohol and kilojoules, but still tastes like a full-flavoured beer,” says Roberts. “Windhoek Light is therefore a lifestyle choice for people who want to live an active life, and after a long day of training, reward themselves with a crisp, light beer that tastes like full-bodied beer.”
In addition to the Totalsports Xterra off road triathlon, Windhoek Light is the official beer sponsor of the following Stillwater Sports events:
– The Sanlam Cape Mile open water swim in Grabouw on Saturday, 14 February;
– The Totalsports Xterra off road triathlon in Grabouw from Friday, 20 to Sunday, 22 February;
– The ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun at Houwhoek Inn from Friday, 13 to Sunday, 15 March;
– The FNB Magalies Monster Mountain Bike Classic at Buffelsboort on Saturday, 23 May;
– The FNB Platinum Trail Run at Buffelspoort on Sunday, 24 May;
– The Windhoek Xterra Party in Knysna on Thursday, 9 July;
– The Totalsports Xterra in Knysna from Wednesday, 8 to Thursday, 9 July; and
– The Pennypinchers Origin of Trails two day Mountain Bike Stage Race in Stellenbosch from Friday, 27 to Saturday, 28 November.