After an exhilarating six-week ‘call for entry’ phase saturated with participants who followed their passion and submitted their stories – the top five best rated entries, validated by the Wrangler team as well as the judges, were selected.
The top five entries chosen that took part in the 4-day True Wanderer journey sponsored by Wrangler are:
- Raihaan Sulliman (Pretoria) – a curious and courage-driven adventure seeker who threw all caution to the wind to follow the whispers of his heart and travel the world.
- Ismail Chibgwe (Johannesburg) – a visual artist and culture buff who articulates himself and inspires critical thinking skills and creativity through the lens of his camera.
- Lindelani Mngomezulu (Johannesburg) – a lover of African drums and other indigenous instruments who bought a 13-inch Djembe drum and started teaching himself how to play it. That became an influence for him to start his African drum collection.
- Tshepiso Mogale (Johannesburg) – a photojournalist seeks to tell the story of South Africa through visual elements that capture the essence of our everyday lives.
- Peter Phillip (Cape Town) – a foodie who believes that there is no sincerer love than that of food. He celebrates the art of dining, cooking and eating everywhere he goes.
What’s more, the five finalists received R5 000 each as well as Wrangler goodies to deck them out on their journey. During the 4-day journey, each finalist had to submit live daily blogs chronicling their trip. Ultimately, one will be chosen as a True Wanderer, walking away with a grand prize of an international trip worth over R50 000 – a prize worthy only for a True Wanderer.
So who will be the ultimate True Wanderer? Well, the public also plays a role in deciding. By visiting https://wrangler-ap.com/za/truewanderer#finalist the public can vote for their favourite #TrueWanderer to increase each finalist’s SOCIAL FUEL, standing a chance of winning some Wrangler goodies.
For more information on the search for the next True Wanderer, follow Wrangler on:
Website – http://www.wrangler-ap.com/za
Facebook – Wrangler South Africa
Twitter – @Wrangler_SA
Instagram – @wranglersouthafrica